Rollover product image for a larger view.
Get addicted to the Mizuno Wave Rider 16's smooth and balanced ride. The protective midsole absorbs impact while retaining a springy and responsive feel that pushes you forward with every step. A soft upper fits your foot securely, allowing plenty of air through for great breathability. With a slightly firm underfoot feel, this shoe is a top choice for high mileage training needs.
Need fit help?
View all colors
Weight: 8.4 oz (size 8)
Stack Height: Heel (28mm), Forefoot (16mm)
Available Widths: B=Medium
How It Fits (based on width B)
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium
- Midfoot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box Height: Medium
- Arch Structure: Medium
- Shoe Shape: Semi-Curved
The Rider 16 is a moderate feature, moderate neutral shoe designed for daily training and high mileage.
- Mizuno Wave consists of an elastic, thermal plastic wave running from the heel to the midfoot, creating an incredibly springy and well-cushioned ride.
- SR Touch cushioning compound provides resiliency and rebound in the heel for shock absorption.
- Smooth Ride is a gender specific network of grooves that minimizes the rapid acceleration and deceleration of the foot to create a smooth heel to toe ride.
- Extended Wave Plate in the midfoot is an extension of the Mizuno Wave for increased torsional rigidity between the heel and forefoot.
- AP+ is Mizuno's top of the line full-length copolymer midsole for a lighter, more resilient ride.
- Mizuno Intercool ventilation system in the midsole inhibits humidity buildup to keep feet cool and dry.
- Gender Engineering utilizes gender-specific attributes such as a wider base in men’s shoes and additional flex grooves in women’s shoes.
- AIRmesh covers the entire upper and provides breathability to keep the foot cool.
- OrthoLite Sockliner is anti-microbial and moisture wicking for a healthy foot environment.
- Dynamotion Fit creates optimal fit with stretch material in the forefoot and a collar construction that prevents the heel collar from buckling under load.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length fabric for a comfortable underfoot feel.
- X10 located in the heel and forefoot is made of durable carbon rubber for enhanced traction.
- Flex Controllers placed in high flex areas on the outsole act as miniature wave plates for increased flexibility and reduced weight.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS
|Most Similar Running Shoes|