Get unstuck from the ground and glide effortlessly over the pavement in the New Balance 870. Thanks to a full ground-contact sole and fine engineering, the 870 is silky smooth and has good energy return. As such, you can feel light on your feet, even if you are not. So if you need mild or moderate pronation control and seek a shoe that responds to your input and works with you to get your feet moving, then give the 870 a try.
Weight: 8.9 oz (size 8)
Stack Height: Heel (28mm), Forefoot (16mm)
How It Fits (based on width B) Width B=Medium, Width D=Wide
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium width
- Midfoot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium-narrow width
- Toe-Box height: Medium-low
- Arch height: Medium
The 870 is a moderate feature, moderate support shoe designed for daily training and high mileage. It is built with a curved shape.
- N-ergy consists of a shock-absorbing cushioning compound in the heel and forefoot for a lightweight responsive, ride.
- ACTEVA LITE is a full-length, premium lightweight midsole foam with optimal compression-set properties.
- Internal Shank is a thermoplastic unit in the midsole that provides torsional rigidity.
- Medial Post consists of higher density foam in the midfoot that works to correct over pronation.
- Open Mesh covers the majority of the upper for lightweight breathability.
- Dual Density Collar Foam in the heel collar keeps the heel in place and provides comfort.
- Traditional Sockliner provides additional underfoot cushioning.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length ABZORB foam, for enhanced cushioning and a soft underfoot feel.
- Blown rubber in the forefoot increases cushioning and responsiveness.
- PL-1 is a running-specific last with a standard heel and forefoot width and a standard toe-box height.
Footwear Performance Characteristics
- Motion Control
- Hard Trail
- Varied Trail
- Soft Trail
Be the first to write a review for this product!
Write a Review