The classic waffle outsole that put Nike on the map continues to work its magic today with the Nike Zoom Jana Star Waffle 5. This shoe's fantastic outsole provides great grip throughout the course, keeping you on your feet and ahead of the pack. Built specifically for women, it has strategically placed overlays that hug the midfoot for a superior fit, while a super light, breathable upper gives great ventilation from start to finish.
View all colors
Weight: 4.8 oz (size 8.0)
Sizing is based on the women's scale.
How It Fits (based on width B) Width B=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium to wide
- Midfoot: Low to medium volume
- Forefoot: Narrow width
- Toe-Box height: Low
- Arch Structure: Medium to high
- Release date: July 2011
- Model discontinued: Unknown
- Heritage: Jana Star Waffle IV
The Nike Jana Star Waffle 5 is a 3k to 10k cross country shoe designed for rubber or grass surfaces. This women's specific shoe is designed and sized for women only and is the spikeless version of the Jana Star XC IV. The Jana Star Waffle IV has a curved shape.
- To keep weight down, this shoe contains no additional cushioning technologies.
- Flashlon full length midsole is a lightweight, responsive material.
- TPU Shank is located at the bottom of the midfoot and is a thermoplastic unit designed to improve heel to toe transition.
- Open mesh covers large expanses of the upper, providing great breathability.
- Web Overlays are a no-sew design created for zonal support and a secure fit.
- Slip Lasting involves wrapping and stitching the upper in a bootie-like shape before it is glued to the midsole to increase flexibility and decrease weight.
- Waffle Carbon outsole design in the forefoot provides multi-surface traction and increased durability.
Footwear Performance Characteristics
- Motion Control
- Hard Trail
- Varied Trail
- Soft Trail
Be the first to write a review for this product!
Write a Review