Rollover product image for a larger view.
The Echelon 2 offers a wide, stable platform and is ideal for runners with high volume feet or low to flat arches with a neutral gait. The shoe also easily accommodates orthotics. There is ample cushioning everyday running.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
Weight: 10.7 oz (size 8)
Stack Height: Heel (32mm), Forefoot (18mm)
How It Fits (based on width B) Width B=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium
- Midfoot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium
- Toe-Box height:Medium
- Arch Structure: Medium
- Release date: June 2010
- Color discontinued: January 2011
- Color update: February 2011
- Model discontinued: Unknown
- Heritage: ProGrid Echelon
The ProGrid Echelon 2 is a moderate feature, moderate neutral shoe designed for daily training and can accommodate orthotics. It is built with a semi-straight shape.
- SRC Impact Zone begins at the heel and extends to under the midfoot. SRC stands for Super Rebound Compound and the material is designed to provide shock attenuation to set the foot up for a smooth transition.
- Heel ProGrid with Respon-Tek is a foam grid like piece that sits under the heel and is designed to absorb heel strike energy.
- HRC Forefoot Cushioning is situated under the metatarsal head region and is an EVA/rubber compound engineered to further dissipate shock. HRC stands for High Rebound Compound.
- SSL EVA is Saucony's premium midsole material that is designed to maximize rebound and durability while minimizing weight. SSL stands for Saucony Super Lite.
- Midfoot Support Bridge is located at the bottom of the midfoot. This thermal plastic unit is engineered to provide torsional rigidity.
- Open Mesh covers the entire upper and is a breathable lightweight fabric.
- Arch-Lock is utilized at the medial midfoot and adds additional security to the upper for a snug fit.
- Hydrator Collar Lining cups the heel and is designed to provide next-to-skin comfort and maximize wicking.
- Comfortride Sockliner is an open cell sockliner that is antimicrobial and breathable.
- HRC Strobel Board is full length and is a High Rebound Compound that increases cushioning and step-in comfort.
- XT-900 is primarily utilized in the heel and is a carbon rubber material that increases traction without sacrificing durability.
- Blown Rubber is located at the lateral side of the forefoot and is a lightweight flexible material that is designed to enhance cushioning and provide a smooth ride.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS
|Most Similar Running Shoes|