Rollover product image for a larger view.
When you are serious about race perfomance, turn to the Type A4. With a minimal drop from heel to toe and a low profile, the Type A4 is smooth and fast. It's lightweight and provides enough protection for 5k and 10K road races.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
View all colors
Weight: 5.4 oz (size 8)
Stack Height: Heel (14mm), Forefoot (10mm)
How It Fits (based on width B) Width B=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe size
- Heel: Narrow
- Midfoot: Medium to low volume
- Forefoot: Medium width
- Toe-Box height: Low
- Arch height: Low
- Release date: May 2010
- Color update: February 2011
- Model discontinued: Unknown
- Heritage: Grid Type A3
The Grid Type A4 is a moderate feature, minimum neutral shoe designed for racing. It is built with a curved shape.
- To keep weight down, this shoe contains no additional cushioning technologies.
- SSL EVA is Saucony's premium midsole material that is designed to maximize rebound and durability while minimizing weight. SSL stands for Saucony Super Lite.
- Open Mesh covers the entire upper and is a breathable lightweight fabric.
- XT-900 is located in the heel and is a carbon rubber material that increases traction without sacrificing durability.
- XT LITE is utilized in the forefoot and is a lightweight design with improved gripping properties.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS