Rollover product image for a larger view.
The Salomon XT Hornet is your answer when you need stable yet nimble all-mountain performance. This versatile trail shoe offers the support and cushioning you need for any distance on the trails. A grippy outsole ensures confident traction on a variety of terrain types, and trail-specific details on the upper such as a covered tongue and a protective toe-cap keep you protected from trail hazards. If there's a mountain involved, the XT Hornet is ready for action.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
Weight: 9.6 oz (size 8)
Stack Height: Heel (26 mm), Forefoot (19 mm)
Available Widths: B=Medium
How it Fits (based on width B)
- Sizing: Fits large; purchase 1/2 size smaller than standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium to wide
- Midfoot: Medium to wide volume
- Forefoot: Wide
- Toe-Box Height: Medium to high
- Arch Structure: Medium
- Shoe Shape: Semi-Curved
The XT Hornet is a maximum feature, minimum support trail shoe designed for racing, daily training and high mileage.
- AC2 Muscle is a composite foam layered between the outsole and AC Skeleton from the heel to the midfoot and provides durable cushioning.
- AC Skeleton is a thermoplastic unit running from the heel to midfoot, providing a smooth heel-to-toe transition and reducing lateral movement.
- Molded EVA midsole provides underfoot cushioning.
- EVA Footbed uses S-EVA foam for underfoot cushion.
- Open Mesh throughout the upper is breathable and quick drying.
- Quicklace made from durable Kevlar fibers provides easy shoe entry and exit and a secure fit.
- Tongue Cover keeps shoe free from debris.
- Protective Rubber Toe Cap keeps toes safe from bruising on trails.
- Lace Pocket tucks laces out of the way while running.
- OrthoLite Sockliner is composed of anti-bacterial material for reduced odor and moisture while adding cushion directly underfoot.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length fabric for a comfortable underfoot feel.
- Contagrip is a uniquely designed outsole of differing densities, providing durable traction over varying terrains.
- Contragrip HA is a uniquely designed, high abrasion outsole of differing densities, providing durable traction over varying terrains.
- AC Tendon in the heel is engineered for high energy return.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS