Rollover product image for a larger view.
For support and comfort on the trail, look to the Salomon XT Wings 3. With its protective build and durable design this shoe is fairly light for its class. A supportive chassis corrects over pronation and the resilient midsole offers long-term cushioning. The welded upper provides a custom fit while keeping weight low. Perfect for rocky and rugged terrain.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
View all colors
Weight: 10.7 oz (size 8)
Stack Height: Heel (27mm), Forefoot (18mm)
Available Widths: B=Medium
How It Fits (based on width B)
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium
- Midfoot: Medium volume
- Forefoot: Medium to narrow
- Toe-Box Height: Medium
- Arch Structure: Medium
- Shoe Shape: Semi-Curved
The XT Wings 3 is a maximum feature, minimum support trail shoe designed for racing, daily training and high mileage.
- AC2 Muscle is a composite foam layered between the outsole and AC Skeleton from the heel to the midfoot and provides durable cushioning.
- AC Skeleton is a thermoplastic unit running from the heel to midfoot, providing a smooth heel-to-toe transition and reducing lateral movement.
- Triple Density Molded EVA runs the length of the shoe for underfoot cushioning.
- Pronation Control uses higher density foam in the medial midfoot to minimize over-pronation.
- EVA Footbed uses S-EVA foam for underfoot cushion.
- Open Mesh throughout the upper is breathable and quick drying.
- Asymmetrical Quicklace made from durable Kevlar fibers provides easy shoe entry and exit and a secure fit.
- Welded Sensifit overlays on the upper wrap the foot for a close, secure fit.
- Tongue Cover keeps shoe free from debris.
- Protective Rubber Toe Cap keeps toes safe from bruising on trails.
- Lace Pocket tucks laces out of the way while running.
- OrthoLite Sockliner is composed of anti-bacterial material for reduced odor and moisture while adding cushion directly underfoot.
- Strobel Last with the upper stitched to full length fabric for a comfortable underfoot feel.
- Contagrip is a uniquely designed outsole of differing densities, providing durable traction over varying terrains.
- Contragrip HA is a uniquely designed, high abrasion outsole of differing densities, providing durable traction over varying terrains.
- AC Tendon in the heel is engineered for high energy return.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS