Rollover product image for a larger view.
Bring the thunder to the track in the Asics Japan Thunder 4! This elite level distance spike has a minimal upper and a super light spike plate to keep you light on your feet, and the Solyte midsole is protective yet flexible for ultimate performance on race day. Best suited for 800 to 10,000m distances, the Thunder 4 comes with ten 3/16" pyramid spikes and a spike wrench.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
Weight: 4.7 oz (size 9)
Sizing is based on the men's scale. Women should subtract 1 and a half sizes from their women's shoe size. Example Women's 8.5 equals size 7.0 for this shoe.
How It Fits (based on width D) Width D=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe size
- Heel: Narrow to medium
- Mid-foot: Medium to low volume
- Forefoot: Medium to narrow
- Toe-Box height: Medium-low
- Release date: November 2011
- Model discontinued: Unknown
- Heritage: Japan Thunder 3
The Japan Thunder 4 is a distance spike intended for the serious athlete competing in 800m to 10,000m events. This shoe has a curved shape.
- To keep weight down, this shoe contains no additional cushioning technologies.
- Solyte is Asics' top of the line cushioned and responsive full length midsole. Solyte is very light for the level of cushioning and durability it delivers.
- Ecsaine3 and Open mesh encompasses the majority of the upper and offers breathability to keep the foot cool.
- Asymmetrical Lacing Design better follows the shape of the foot for an improved fit experience.
- Asics logo is located at both the medial and lateral sides of the upper to keep the shoe snug to the foot.
- Ecsaine3 Collar Lining encircles the collar and heel and is a soft suede-like material that gives the option to run sockless.
- Slip Lasting involves wrapping and stitching the upper in a bootie-like shape before it is glued to the midsole to increase flexibility and decrease weight.
- Pebax Plate is located in the forefoot and is a decoupled polymer plate designed to minimize weight and maximize flexibility.
- SharkDuo is utilized in the forfoot and heel and is a textured thermoplastic engineered for grip on various track surfaces.
- Contains 5 spike receptacles per shoe.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS
|Most Similar Running Shoes|