Rollover product image for a larger view.
It's back and it's better than ever. After a 3-year hiatus, the Gel DS Racer 8 is making its return as a lightweight flat for runners that need mild stability in the support department. Drawing from the successes of the Gel Bandito, this go fast shoe features a similar outsole and a wider forefoot.
Important Shipping Note: U.S. sales only.
Need fit help?
Weight: 7.9 oz (size 9)
Stack Height: Heel (26mm), Forefoot (15mm)
Sizing is based on the men's scale. Women should subtract 1 and a half sizes from their women's shoe size. Example Women's 8.5 equals size 7.0 for this shoe
How It Fits (based on width D) Width D=Medium
- Sizing: Standard running shoe length
- Heel: Medium to narrow
- Mid-foot: Medium to low volume
- Forefoot: Medium width
- Toe-Box height: Medium-low
- Arch structure: Medium height
- Release date: January 2010
- Model discontinued: January 2012
- Model update: February 2012, Gel DS Racer 9
- Heritage: Gel Bandito, Gel DS Racer 5
The Gel-DS Racer 8 is a minimum feature, minimum support shoe designed for speedwork and racing. It is built with a curved shape.
- Rearfoot Gel cushioning system is a silicone based gel that attenuates shock during impact.
- Solyte is Asics' top of the line cushioned and responsive midsole. Solyte is very light for the level of cushioning and durability it delivers.
- Magic Sole is a vented misole to minimize weight and increase breathability.
- DuoMax Support System is located in the medial midfoot and is a dual density midsole that is designed to reduce excess pronation.
- Racing Trusstic System is located at the bottom of the midsole and is made from thermal plastic. Its lightweight design allows for faster turnover while still maintaining torsional integrity between the rearfoot and forefoot.
- Open mesh encompasses the majority of the upper and offers breathability to keep the foot cool.
- Asics logo is located at both the medial and lateral sides of the upper to keep the shoe snug to the foot.
- Standard sockliner
- California Slip Lasting involves stitching the upper along the perimeter of a synthetic material which is then attached to the midsole.
- Asics High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR) is located in the heel and is a carbon rubber that offers exceptional durability.
- DuraSponge is located in the forefoot and is a blown AHAR compound that delivers cushioning, responsiveness, and flexibility.
Shoefitr shows you how a shoe will fit.
Shoefitr collects the internal measurements of shoes using 3D scanners.
We compare measurements of your current shoe to the one you want to buy...
...and recommend the best-fitting size.
FOOTWEAR PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS
|Most Similar Running Shoes|